Community Solutions (CS) is seeking a very detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to support our small but mighty General Operations (GenOps) team as an Office Management and Fundraising Assistant. The GenOps team strives to create an optimal environment at CS for our staff to grow, thrive, and work seamlessly towards ending homelessness and the conditions that create it. Over a 6-month period, the assistant will support this aim by providing part-time support for our small headquarters office in Manhattan, helping to manage the office and financial matters, track / update grants information, and write thank you notes to donors.
This is a part-time, contracted position, which will last through February 2020. The assistant will work at least 4 days per week from our office in lower Manhattan, approximately 5 hours per day. The contract will be assessed at the end of 2019 to determine if assistance should be expanded or terminated.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. We see these challenges as systems design problems, not just resource issues. Our team helps communities use the best problem solving tools from multiple sectors, such as design-thinking and quality improvement, to advance the design, coordination and delivery of lasting, root cause solutions.
Since 2011, we’ve helped US communities find homes for more than 175,000 homeless Americans at a taxpayer savings of more than $1.4b. Eleven of those communities have ended either chronic or veteran homelessness outright. We are led by Macarthur Fellow and internationally recognized innovator Rosanne Haggerty. Our work has been featured on 60 Minutes and the New York Times and recognized by the White House, the United Nations and the Smithsonian.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values-driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process checks received and maintain checks-received log
- Process payments to vendors
- Assist with managing the CS central office, including picking up and processing mail
- Welcome and support visitors when they arrive at the CS central office
- Respond to and forward office voicemail messages
- Provide assistance with other office tasks as needed
- Assist with “Thank You” letters and receipts to donors
- Execute grant agreements and award letters
- Ensure that Salesforce grant-tracking system is always complete and up-to-date to allow for regular monitoring of the status of each grant proposal.
- Assist with the upkeep of the calendar of report and proposal deadlines to ensure timely proposals and grant reports in both Google and on Salesforce.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Strategic Partnerships team in fulfilling requests from the Board of Directors and management.
- At least 1 year of experience supporting a business (for profit or non-profit) with office management and data entry
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Good with numbers and using spreadsheets for financial purposes
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient in new software and online applications
- Good communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Passion for supporting efforts to end complex social problems
- Google Business Apps
- Microsoft Office Apps, especially Excel
- Zoom video conferencing software
Contractor will be paid $21/hour for a maximum of 20 hours/week for 6 months. The contract will be assessed at the end of 2019 to determine if assistance should be expanded or terminated.
Contractor will work at least 4 days per week from the CS central office in Lower Manhattan, approximately 5 hours each day.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter via our hiring portal here.