At Community Solutions, we believe that long term partnerships fuel and support our work with and for our communities. Our goal is to have partners invest over time, and understand they are committed to the end state of ending homelessness. With this vision in mind, we seek someone who can manage relationships through learning curves, failing forward, and understanding that outputs are not outcomes.
The Coordinator, Strategic Partnerships is responsible for coordinating key activity areas of the Strategic Partnership team in grant writing, prospect research, event planning, and database administration as well as supporting the key areas of reporting, compliance and database management to accomplish Community Solutions’ annual revenue goal.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. We see these challenges as systems design problems, not just resource issues. Our team helps communities use problem solving tools, like design thinking and quality improvement, to improve the design, coordination and delivery of lasting, root cause solutions.
Since 2011, we’ve helped US communities find homes for more than 175,000 homeless Americans at a taxpayer savings of more than $1.4b. Ten of those communities have ended either chronic or veteran homelessness outright. We are led by Macarthur Fellow and internationally recognized innovator Rosanne Haggerty. Our work has been featured on 60 Minutes and recognized by the White House, the United Nations and the Smithsonian.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Timely submission of all required reports and proposals.
- Established relationships with core funding and strategic partners.
- Fundraise for the annual budget of assigned initiative for the current year plus 60% of the following year’s budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Philanthropic and Corporate Fundraising and Management
- Serve as the lead for development strategy, identify opportunities and writing of grant requests for our work.
- Manage development relationships and partnerships, and develop and maintain a growing list of contacts with current and potential funders.
- Prospect research as applicable.
- Coordinate site visits for potential donors.
- Ensure the accurate tracking of all relevant deadlines, prepare required reports and ensure timely submission.
- Develop Budget Working Document, Salesforce pipeline, and other reports to track progress towards the organization’s financial goals.
- Work with Operations team to update revenue projections.
- Ensure the grant tracking system is always complete and up to date to allow for regular monitoring of the status of each grant proposal.
- Assist with the upkeep of the report and deadline calendar to ensure timely proposals and grant reports.
- Manage development database to track individual and corporate contributions.
- Provide support as needed to the Principal and Director in fulfilling requests from the Board of Directors and management.
- Provide assistance as needed in trouble-shooting gifts or issues as they arise to ensure a rapid response.
- Individual Giving
- Research and develop a new strategic focus on individual giving.
- Clean and organize existing individual donors; categorize and analyze opportunities and create strategy for retaining and growing these donors
- Develop a new portfolio of low- to high- level individual donors for general CS funding as well as Brownsville, Hartford, and Real Estate specific funding.
- Track status and changes of individual giving over time and analyze success and opportunities; consistently update strategy and employ new strategy to increase individual giving.
- Develop individual giving communications materials.
- Plan fundraising events, from inception to follow-up, such as informational webinars, presentations, private fundraiser parties, and BFZ Conference events
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or demonstrated ability in the administration of complex customer relationship management (CRM) and database software.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic team environment and demonstrate a willingness to shift easily between various responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player.
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines.
- Facility with computer-based software packages including experience utilizing fundraising software a plus.
- Non-traditional candidates welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
Google Business Apps
The salary for this position is $50,000.
Minimal local travel required to strategic partner and funder meetings.
The work environment is a professional open plan office located in New York City. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and the environment can be busy and intense at times.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and writing response here.