About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is the team behind the 100,000 Homes Campaign and the ongoing Built for Zero initiative. The White House, the United Nations and the World Economic Forum have each recognized our fun, user-driven approach to helping communities end homelessness. This position is tied to the Built for Zero initiative, an international network of communities and partners working through a variety of projects to achieve functional zero and effectively end homelessness. Built for Zero communities have already achieved 10 functional zero proof points for their local veteran and/or chronic populations, providing the evidence that doing so is possible and a tipping point such that communities worldwide are now working towards this end.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven problem solvers motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
We are seeking a thoughtful, self-motivated and organized individual to join the Data Team on the energetic, collaborative Built for Zero team at Community Solutions. This position reports to the Data Team Portfolio Lead and will be responsible for implementing successful projects and strategies related to: providing support to BFZ staff and communities in service of growing their skills in data analysis and quality improvement measurement concepts, supporting communities in their ability to pull and analyze quality data, and supporting BFZ communities in their work to have the local capacity, skills, and infrastructure to use their data to drive decision-making processes.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Built for Zero internal staff and communities understand basic data analysis and quality improvement measurement concepts, meaning everyone knows how to interpret real-time data on ending homelessness.
- There is a clear, trackable plan at all times for how all Built for Zero communities will continue to understand and resolve any data or technology barriers keeping them from tracking an end to homelessness.
- Every Built for Zero community has the local capacity, skills, and infrastructure to feel comfortable with tracking real-time data, and real-time data is used regularly to drive decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct a training strategy that equips all BFZ staff and communities with a basic understanding of data analytics and measurement concepts, and the ability to perform basic data analysis.
- Lead data coaching activities related to key Built for Zero data tools and concepts, such as the Tableau-based Performance Management Trackers, real-time quality by-name lists, and data reliability.
- Lead and project manage the assessment of ongoing gaps and barriers related to data collection and analysis for all Built for Zero communities. This work includes developing appropriate strategies related to helping communities pull quality data monthly, implementing technical support plans, and monitoring ongoing outcomes and improvements.
- Produce, support, and participate in Built for Zero webinars and in-person convenings as needed.
- Serve as backup to Data Team Portfolio Lead on calls, meetings, and trainings, as needed.
- As a representative of Community Solutions, represent on Built for Zero learnings, methods and/or outcomes at conferences, workshops, convenings, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of the Built for Zero Data Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Passion for justice, equity, and ending homelessness.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Google Suite products. Experience with data management and data visualization is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and coaching skills.
- Excellent quantitative measurement and data analysis skills.
- Comfort with systems and macro-level thinking.
- Five or more years of previous work experience in a professional environment.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic team environment and demonstrate a willingness to shift easily between various responsibilities with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and ownership of decisions.
- Receives and relays criticism constructively.
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written).
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player.
- Ability to organize work independently, meet deadlines and delegate appropriately.
- Ability to cope with and embrace change, risk and uncertainty.
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique culture and values of Community Solutions.
The Data Coaching and Capacity Building Manager leads the Data Capacity Building sub-portfolio on the Built for Zero Data Team, and as such supervises a small team of Data Coaches.
Equipment /Software/Other Used:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel
A competitive salary of $80,000 will be offered, based upon experience.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides for the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired.
Travel will be required to attend semi-annual team retreats, community site visits, and other on-site trainings or convenings. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter here