About Community Solutions and the Built for Zero team:
Ending homelessness is not just our mission statement — it’s a reality we are helping communities achieve everyday. Community Solutions is a team of social problem solvers working to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. Our Built for Zero team is working with roughly 70 communities across the US and around the world to build a movement to end chronic and veteran homelessness — 10 of which have already ended veteran and/or chronic homelessness.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
The Senior Campaigner will implement multi-disciplinary campaigns to help a select cohort of high-impact Built for Zero communities end veteran and/or chronic homelessness. This position understands the critical role that strategic communications and campaigns can play in driving behaviors and attitudes in the direction of social change. They will leverage digital organizing, traditional media, community engagement, and influencer strategies to end homelessness in communities and, in doing so, shift the national conversation about the solvability of homelessness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design and implement campaigns that will create momentum and support for Built for Zero communities on their journey to end homelessness
- Employ a broad repertoire of tools that includes, but is not limited to, social media, traditional media, and influencer strategies
- Ground strategies in a process of metrics-driven planning, assessment, and evaluation
- Build and manage strong relationships with reporters in the target communities, and pitch and place stories
- Strengthen and empower partners at all levels with communications tools (content, toolkits, messaging) from grassroots organizations, community leaders, to grasstops influencers
- Work with internal and external partners to amplify bright spots in communities to foster greater awareness and support of their work
- Participate in meetings and events where needed
- Institutionalize knowledge and lessons learned along the way
What Success Looks Like:
- A mapping of stakeholders and relationships in a community and strategies operational for key targets
- The implementation of social, traditional press and influencers strategies that help a selection of high-impact communities reach functional zero on homelessness
- A new conversation in key markets reinforced by media, stakeholders and influencers that highlights homelessness as a solvable problem and the systems changes necessary to achieve it
- A coalition of motivated community stakeholders and influencers with a new or renewed understanding of the solvability of ending homelessness — and a clear idea of how they can contribute to that change
- An external and internal team equipped with the communications toolkits, resources and support they need to help a community end homelessness
The Senior Campaigner reports to the Principal of Strategic Communications and Campaigns with a dotted line to the Principal of Built for Zero.
- A minimum of five years of experience in leading measurably successful campaigns or organizing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to own the work and secure measurable results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- A background in community organizing for local change
- Experience in the field of homelessness or work supporting marginalized communities a bonus, but not required
- Microsoft Office
- Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Google Business Apps
- Social media software and applications
A competitive salary starting at $89,000 will be offered, based upon experience.
Around 5 to 7 days of travel may be expected every month. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
This position can be located anywhere in the continental United States, but with a strong preference for candidates in Los Angeles. The Built for Zero team has office space in Los Angeles, but the position provides for the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if such an arrangement meets the needs of Community Solutions.
Please apply here.