Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and managing local leadership capacity (approximately 20% FTE): Responsible for engaging local leaders to assure the appropriate structures are in place, driving toward a shared aim and timeline to reduce and end veteran and chronic homelessness in Charlotte. This may include completing a thorough scan of the local environment, quickly understanding, supporting and working to strengthen existing leadership structures, and working to engage local elected officials and other corporate champions. This position will work collaboratively with local actors to strengthen and operationalize two teams to drive progress:On-the-ground Leadership Team: designs and implements iterative tests of change to improve existing homelessness response system (process improvements)
- High-level Leadership Team: manages the large scale and long-term transformational change projects necessary for ending veteran and chronic homelessness (may include real estate and public systems realignment)
- Managing and measuring system improvement efforts: (approximately 30% FTE): Responsible for running Quality Improvement projects with local team to identify opportunities to accelerate outflow and reduce inflow into homelessness as part of the broader Coordinated Entry System being used to end veteran and chronic homelessness.
- Project managing transformational change projects: (approximately 30% FTE): Responsible for identifying and operationalizing transformational change actions to result in breakthrough reductions in veteran and chronic homelessness. This may include facilitating a process to identify and assist innovative opportunities for the Community Solutions Real Estate Team to augment unit capacity in line with the Coordinated Entry System. This may also include identifying tangible ways corporate partners can work with Community Solutions or local partners on projects that would result in less veterans and/or chronically homeless individuals experiencing homelessness.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with key members of the BFZ team to help design and improve upon an emerging strategy intended to result in several large communities reaching functional zero for veterans (approximately 20% FTE).
About Community Solutions:
Defining Success for this Position:
- Facilitation of teams toward shared decision-making and measurable goals
- Quality Improvement (QI) as a problem-solving and measurement methodology.
- Strong project management skills, as evidenced by leading projects to successful and measurable completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extraordinary political and relationship management skills
- Comfort and facility using data for problem-solving and decision-making
- Excellent and collaborative ability to manage without authority through soft power
- Strong content knowledge of Charlotte’s political and governmental systems as they relate to housing and homelessness
- Strong content knowledge of local Continuum of Care governance and programs for people experiencing chronic and veteran homelessness
- Knowledge of local Veterans Administration Medical Center homeless programs or other local Veteran Services
- A strong desire to see a measurable end to homelessness in Charlotte for veterans, for chronic individuals, and for all populations
- Microsoft Office
- Google Business Apps
- Social media software and applications
Submit resume and Cover letter here.